Tikka Masala is a delicious dish and also one of the most favorite dishes of every one. Chicken Tikka Masala offers lovely smoky flavor and also blends well with most of the dishes as the dish blends well with hot Naan. Check out the following stepwise procedure to prepare the flavorable Chicken Tikka Masala.
• Fresh yogurt = 1 cup
• Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves = 1 cup
• Ginger paste = 2 tbsps
• Garlic paste = 3 tbsps
• Garam masala = 3-4 tbsps
• 2 dry red Chillies
• Lemon juice = 3 tbsps lime
• Orange food coloring = 1/2 tsp
• Chicken skinless and cut into 2″ chunks = 1 kg
For the gravy:
• Sized onions finely chopped = 2 medium
• Garlic chopped fine = 6 cloves
• Cardamom = 5 pods
• Chopped tomatoes or 6 medium-sized fresh tomatoes chopped fine = 1 tin (400 gms approx)
• Garam masala = 2 tbsps
• Soft brown sugar = 2 tsps
• Single cream = 1 cup
• Almonds blanched and ground to a paste = 3 tbsps
• Cooking oil = 3 tbsps
• Salt to taste
• Grind the chopped coriander and all other marinade ingredients to a smooth paste and keep aside.
• Pour the above mix into a large bowl and add yoghurt. Mix well. Add the chicken pieces and mix well. Cover the bowl and refrigerate. Allow to marinate overnight.
• Thread the chicken onto skewers and keep ready.
• Preheat your oven or grill to medium high at 200 C/ 400F/ Gas Mark 6. Place the skewers on the grill racks in your oven with a tray underneath to catch drippings. Roast open till the chicken is browned on all sides and tender. Keep aside.
• To make the gravy, heat the oil in a deep pan on a low flame and add the onion. Cook till the onion turns brown.
• Now add the cardamom and the garlic. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
• Add the garam masala, brown sugar, tomatoes, and almonds and mix well. Cook till the tomatoes are soft and a thick paste forms.
• Add the grilled Chicken Tikkas and stir. Cook for 10 minutes.
• Add the cream and mix well. Turn off the flame.
• Garnish the dish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.