Kadai Chicken is one of the popular Non-Vegetarian menu in Indian Restaurants. Kadai Chicken is a very simple and easy to make chicken curry which is so flavorful and delicious. To know the method of preparation, check out the following step wise procedure to know how to cook this delicious recipe.
For Kadai Masala
• Dry Red chilli = 5 no.s
• Coriander seeds = 1 tbsp
• Pepper corns = 1/2 tsp or less
• Fennel seeds = 1/4 tsp
• Cumin seeds = 1/4 tsp
• Kasoori Methi/Dry Methi leaves = 1/2 tsp
• Chicken = 1 lb / 450 gm
• Capsicum = 1 medium size
• Onion = 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
• Tomato = 1 large (finely chopped)
• Tomato Puree = 1/2 – 3/4 cup
• Ginger Garlic Paste = 1-2 tsp
• Chilli Powder = 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
• Turmeric Powder = 1/4 tsp
• Salt = to taste
• Cilantro = few finely chopped
• Ginger 1″ julienned (to garnish)
• Oil 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp
• Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
• Dry roast the ingredients mentioned for kadai masala to golden brown and then grind it as fine paste and keep aside.
• Heat a pan add a tsp of oil and toast capsicum until crispy and keep aside.
• Clean the Chicken pieces thoroughly and add half of roasted powder and along with that some ginger, garlic paste, salt and lemon juice, turmeric powder and marinate it and keep aside.
• Heat the pan with oil and add cinnamon and then add onion, ginger garlic paste and sauté it till it turn light brown. Then add puree along with remaining roasted powder.
• Mix well and let it cook till raw smell of tomato and masalas leave.Add required salt…Then add chicken pieces and sauté for 3mins until the raw texture of chicken changes. Add little water say 1/2 cup , cook covered for 10 to 12 mins until chicken pieces turn soft or pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.
• Allow water to reduce and let oil separate, at this stage add toasted capsicum give a quick stir. Let it cook in medium flame for 3mins for capsicum and chicken to blend well and the masala to coat well. Finally garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.