Among the most popular birthday cakes in India, this cake is favorite among kids. This cake looks incredibly gorgeous. On your kid’s birthday this year, be a star mom and make this cake at home. Check out the following step wise procedure to make the most astonishing Black Forest Cake at home.
• NESTLE MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk = 1 tin (400g)
• Vanilla Essence = 1 tsp
• Soda Bicarbonate = 1 tsp
• Baking Powder = 1 tsp
• Cocoa Powder = 3-4 heaped tbsp (25 g)
• Maida (Flour) = 175 g (1¾ cup)
• Butter = 100 g
• Milk Chocolate = 50 g
• Aerated Soda = 200 ml
• Fresh Cream = 200 g
• Tinned Cherries = 1 small tin
• Grease an 8” diameter baking tin and dust it with flour. Pre heat the oven to 1800 C. Sieve together maida, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda bicarbonate.
• Soften butter and add NESTLE MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and beat well. Add the vanilla essence.
• Add maida mixture and aerated soda alternately to the batter till all the maida and soda are used up. Pour the batter into the baking tin and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or till the tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
• Remove from oven, cool for a while. Loosen sides of cake, using a knife if necessary. Turnout over a wire rack or plate and cool slightly before cutting horizontally into 2.
• Drain & destone cherries, soak both cake halves with cherry syrup. Whip cream and sugar till light and fluffy, Sandwich the two layers of cake with whipped cream and chopped cherries.
• Top with whipped cream and cherries, sprinkle generously with grated chocolate.
Chill and serve.